Superheroes are timeless, they never get old and remain popular in our hearts. No matter how old we become, the presence of any superhero in a film drives us back to our childhood memories. And who says that superheroes attract only kids. They are appealing to adults also. One major example is the black-caped dark knight superhero, Batman.
He is one of the successful and most loved comic characters from DC Comics World. Kudos to Bob Kane, who came up with the creation of such a wonderful character. Whereas thanks should also be given to Bill Finger for writing the story of this caped crusader. If you are a die-hard Batman fan, then you must have noticed that unlike Superman or any other superheroes he does not possess any supernatural powers. He fights crime with his intellect and high-tech gadgets.
This sets him apart from other superheroes. Batman is shown as a resident of Gotham city. He is a martial art expert, philanthropist, and one who fights for justice. Batman had a very dark haunting past. His parents got brutally murdered when he was just 8 years old. He is not just a usual crime-fighter superhero disguised in a Bat-suit. His alter-ego character Bruce Wayne is the billionaire head of Wayne Enterprise.
The introduction of Batman in Gotham City as a dark knight superhero in the DC comics world began making its appearances in 1939 with multiple appearances. Batman became very popular with people who cannot resist watching his cartoon series, grasping his action figures, posters, video games, comics, and other merchandise. His legacy continues. There have been many films made about Batman. The latest one The Batman starring Robert Pattinson in the role of the titular character did a good business at the box office. Earlier, the character of Batman has been played by actors George Clooney, Christian Bale, and Ben Affleck.
Top Iconic Quotes Of Batman
“This city needs me” is the famous slogan of Batman. Now let me list down some of the best iconic quotes of this dark knight superhero.
- It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.”
- “Maybe that’s what Batman is about. Not winning…but failing, and getting back up. Knowing he’ll fail, fail a thousand times, but still won’t give up.”
- “What were you trying to prove? That deep down, everyone’s as ugly as you? You’re alone!”
- “The true crimefighter always carries everything he needs in his utility belt, Robin.”
- “You don’t get heaven or hell. Do you know the only reward you get for being Batman? You get to be Batman.”
- “Criminals, by nature, are a cowardly and superstitious lot.”
- “Without warning, it comes…crashing through the window of your study, and mine…I have seen it before…somewhere. It frightened me as a boy… frightened me. Yes, father. I shall become a bat.”
- “If you can carry it to the top of the mountain you may find what you were looking for in the first place.”
- “I wear a mask. And that mask, it’s not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.”
- “A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulders to let him know that the world hadn’t ended.”
- “I won’t kill you, but I don’t have to save you.”
- “I’ll be standing where I belong. Between you and the people of Gotham.”
- “Sometimes the truth isn’t good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.”
- “Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.”
- “I have one power. I will never give up.”
DISCLAIMER : This and other personal blog posts are not reviewed, monitored or endorsed by Blogjab. The content is solely the view of the author and Blogjab is not responsible for the authenticity of content of this post in any way. Our curated content which is handpicked by our editorial team may be viewed here.