If you are willing to import your MBOX files to Office 365, then here is your guide. Users often want to switch to Microsoft Office 365 to function on a cloud platform. In this article, we will be discussing some manual and professional solutionsRegain MBOX to Office 365 Migration to import an Mbox file to Office 365 in a hassle-free manner.
Over a period of time, users want to switch to a cloud platform. The ease of accessibility and portability make these cloud-based platforms the best choice for users. There are many such cloud-based platforms operational these days. One such platform is Office 365. It provides a greater utility to the users. It comes with well-advanced functions. It is more centralized and productive as compared to any other application. As a result, users prefer to migrate themselves to this platform because it enables them to operate from anywhere and at any point in time. However, to undertake this exercise, users will have to migrate their data from their existing platforms to Office 365. So, if this data is in MBOX file format, then this is the article for you. Let us discuss some common methods to import MBOX files to Office 365 one by one.
Methods to import MBOX to Office 365
Here are some of the methods to import MBOX to Office 365 one by one.
Configure Office 365 account in MBOX email client
This process is divided into three parts. Let us discuss them one by one.
- First, free download the Thunderbird email client from the Mozilla website.
- Then, install this email client and launch it.
- When creating a new account, choose to skip and use the existing email.
- After that, enter your name, Microsoft 365 email address, and password in the Mail Account Setup Wizard.
- Then, click Configure Manually and Enter the following settings:
- emaiIncoming: IMAP, server name – outlook.office365.com, port – 993, SSL – SSL/TLS, Oauth2 authentication, username – your O365 email id
Outgoing: SMTP, server name – smtp.office365.com, port – 587, SSL – STARTTLS, Oauth2 authentication, username – your O365 email id.
- Click Done and authenticate your account
- Now, we will import MBOX to Thunderbird using the ImportExportTools NG add-on.
- With the email client still open, tap the Alt key.
- After that, go to the Tools menu and select Add-ons
- Search for ImportExportTools in the search bar.
- Click on the +Add button and then click on Add corresponding to the ImportExportTools NG.
- Then, restart the email client.
- Right-click on Local Folders go to ImportExportTools NG and then click on Import MBOX File.
- After that, click OK and select the MBOX file you want to import in Microsoft 365, then click Open.
- At last, the file is added and emails are available in the email client.
- Select all the MBOX emails (Ctrl+A) and right-click.
- Choose Copy to and go to your Office 365 account.
- This will copy all the emails from MBOX to the Office 365 mailbox. Check the Microsoft 365 account on a browser to confirm that all the files are there.
This will import MBOX to Office 365.
Transfer emails to MS Outlook and use Azure AzCopy Tool to upload
Here are the steps that you need to follow for this process.
- First, install Thunderbird from the Mozilla website.
- Secondly, launch it and configure any account (leave it if you can since we won’t be using it).
- Local Folders will be present in the mailbox section.
- Do the same as Part 2 in the preceding method discussed.
- You now have all the MBOX emails inside the Local Folders.
- Please select all the emails and drag and drop them into a folder on your computer to create EML files.
- Then, open MS Outlook and drag and drop the EML files into a mailbox folder in MS Outlook.
- Now, go to the File menu and click Open & Export and go to Import/Export.
- After that, choose Export to a .pst file
- Then, select the folder containing dragged and dropped emails for export.
- Afterward, give a destination location for the PST files.
- At last, click on the Finish button.
This will add MBOX to the Office.
Regain MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool: A Professional Solution
The methods that we have discussed above are very time-consuming and complicated for migrating MBOX to Office 365. Therefore, it is very important in the first place to switch to a professional and automatic solution. This Regain MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool is very effective in offering a quick solution to migrate all the files to Office 365 in a hassle-free manner. It maintains the integrity of data and also protects the files during the process of conversion. This process is very direct and helps to convert the files to multiple file formats in one go.
It goes well with every operating system and email client in no time. It has a range of filters to extract the most specific information. Users can use the free version and export up to 30 files or emails at no cost. It comes with a user-friendly interface and allows you to transfer data without any glitches. The tool helps export any type of data irrespective of its size. This is the easiest way to import MBOX to Outlook 365.
Note: In some cases users want to convert MBOX files into PST format then you can use the Regain MBOX to PST Converter.
Undoubtedly, we are now in the position to witness that this tool is very helpful in bringing the maximum value for the users. This migration tool is the best for beginners. So if you are scared of migrating to Office 365 for the fear of data loss, then this tool will ease your burden to a great extent.