Bhastrika Pranayama –
Bhastrika Pranayama is the process of taking deep breaths and exhaling. The first priority in yoga is pranayama and meditation because most of the physical or mental benefits come from doing pranayama and meditation. As in the scriptures, where the bellows have been given to Bhastrika, blacksmiths use bellows, with the help of this, the blacksmith helps to intensify the fire of his furnace, which makes the blacksmith’s furnace burn faster, this device is called bellows. So in the same way, Bhastrika Pranayama is also done like a bellows, when you release the breath under pressure, the fire element is generated in your body.
Our body is made up of five elements. Water, fire, air, sky, and earth which is the fire element in it. He exposes it with Bhastrika Pranayama. Because of this, heat comes into the body. Even in extreme cold, your body can heat and sweat from its exercise. It is beneficial for such patients who have phlegm and lung problems.
- Bhastrika Pranayama, by doing removes diseases related to the lungs and increases immunity.
- This Pranayama, doing apart from this, gives benefit in stomach-related diseases, it removes gas, constipation, and digestion-related problems.
- If you want to reduce your belly fat and weight too, then keep doing this pranayama regularly.
- By doing Pranayama daily, the face starts glowing because by taking deep breaths, the blood circulation in the body is better.
- Our body gets more amount of air, which benefits from problems like fatigue, insomnia, and stress.
Method of doing Bhastrika Pranayama –
- To do Bhastrika Pranayama, sit comfortably in any posture, whether in happiness asana or padmasana.
- Your back should be straight and your neck straight. And close the eyes and calm the mind.
- Place your hands on your knees in China Mudra or Gyan Mudra.
- Take a deep breath and release quickly. By doing this process five, ten, and fifteen times according to your convenience, you can do more or less.
- This is an exercise of the lungs, that is why you have to inhale and exhale through the lungs, first take the breath in and out comfortably.
How long should one do Bhastrika Pranayama?
This pranayama can be done in the morning and evening on an empty stomach. And this asana is most beneficial when we do it in the morning, but if there is no time, it can also be done in the evening, provided the stomach is empty.
When you do this pranayama in the beginning, do it for 5 to 6 seconds or as per your convenience and the time can be increased gradually by practicing it daily.
- There are many benefits of doing Bhastrika Pranayama, but some people should not do it without taking advice.
- People who are suffering from the problem of severe heart disease and high blood pressure should not.
- If you have severe asthma and fever, then this pranayama should not be done.
- People who have high blood pressure, heart disease, hernia, back pain, and weakness in the body should do it slowly and under the advice and supervision of a yoga instructor.
(There are many benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama. But while doing it, if there is any serious problem or disease in the body. If you take the help or advice of a yoga guru to do this asana, it will be more correct.)
If you want to keep your body healthy as well as willing to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.